The Glass of Milk

 

the year was 1960 a poor boy was selling odd things door to door

papers and pencils papers and pencils

here auntie let me help you 

thank you James

you are a darling really you are such a gem

thank you so much 

James walked on and saw a few boys playing

papers and pencils papers and pencils

would you like to buy some very useful for school you know?

hey James we have already got our supplies

yes, papa got me a whole box of pencils and paper just last week

why don't you come and play with us oh, thanks but I really need to sell some things today uh okay as James was walking away

he suddenly heard some chaos he turned to see that one of the boys had fallen and seemed to have hurt his foot quite badly. step aside quick just get a cloth and some cold waters easy don't move your foot just yet there this will take care of the pain and when it is a little lesser lean on them to get home. and don't use

that foot for a couple of days you will be fine it already feels better.

James you should become a doctor

you know yes you should James wanted to become a doctor he worked hard at his studies tried his best to save money for his fees but was just not able to earn nearly enough he was so tired and so despaired doctor right how with this should I set

this aside to pay for like 100 of my fees for school or should I buy

one piece of bread my only meal in two days what a fool

I have been dreaming about becoming a doctor it is never going to happen

forget food if I get some water to drink to quell my hunger

it would be a miracle James had lost all hope but he couldn't just sit under the tree brooding over his fate so as drained as hungry and as sad as he was,

he still got up to try and sell his wares he came to a house

and not yes papers and pencils papers and pencils

ma'am would you care to buy some

you are James aren't you 

I saw you helping the old lady over there to mow her lawn and I have seen you help people in the neighborhood so many times 

well would you like some paper and pencils 

you look so tired

actually, I am a bit tired could I please get a glass of water 

come in James sit down for a bit would you

James came in and sat in the living room while the girl disappeared into the kitchen 

a few minutes later she returned with a big glass of fresh milk 

here take this James gee thank you so much 

James took that glass and drank hungrily it was the most satisfying meal he had in weeks 

how much do I owe you ma'am

consider it paid in full with all the kindness you have been showing in the neighborhood James

my mother says no bit of kindness ever goes waste 

it all comes back when you do your best life sends miracles when you least expect them 

the words of that girl and the glass of milk had done more to satisfy James's hunger 

they had filled his mind and heart with new hope. he knew he was doing the best 

he possibly could and so life would take care of him years went by

and one day the girl who had offered him hope and milk felt terribly sick no doctor could help her what do we do tell me she will get better doctor

I am afraid I know of only one doctor who could possibly help your daughter she must be taken to the hospital in the city she may even have to be operated upon

and so, the girl was taken to a hospital in the city there

the doctor operated upon her took very good care of her it did take her a long time to recover but she did recover but even though well she was really worried 

oh I don't know how we are ever going to pay the bills of the hospital father I’ve been here for weeks the amount will be enormous

good morning my patient is finally well and fine ready to go home

yes but we still haven't received the bill

the bill you don't have to worry about that yeah but doctor has himself paid in full

see when the girl looked at the bill to her amazement, she saw the huge stamp of paid on top of it and then when she happened to turn it around,

she read a note paid in full with a glass of milk how much do I owe you ma'am consider it painting full with all the kindness you have been showing in the neighborhood James my mother says no bit of kindness ever goes waste

it all comes back when you do your best life sends miracles when you least expect them the little hungry boy who the girl had shown kindness to many many years ago by giving him a glass of milk

had grown up to become one of the most celebrated doctors of the world Dr James kelly 

who had saved the girl's life years ago she gave him hope

and faith in miracles and years later he was the one who saved the girl's life 

when we are good to others good things come back to us and when we do our best

no matter what hardships life throws at us 

miracles happen and life itself helps us to fulfill all our dreams.

via Youtube...

Comments